Sydney born but now proud Canberran and founding director of Giraffe, Damian is the go-to person if you want to push the boundaries. He’s a Sunday roast with all the trimmings type of guy and is responsible for strategic creative development, brand creation and art direction … all the fun stuff!
Damian is enthusiastic and passionate about good design, his Harley Davidson and anything adventurous. Traditionally trained as a graphic designer in an era of bromides and wax machines, Damian has since swapped the scalpel and .25 technical pen for a mouse and keyboard.
Designing from a young age, his work has been recognised and published nationally and internationally.
In short, the list sounds something like this:
- 1984 – Winner of the NSW State Fire Prevention ‘Poster competition’ 1985 – Winner of Goulburn Community Radio ‘Logo design competition’.
- 1994 – Runner up in Museums Australia ‘Poster design competition’. 1995 – Logo design published in ‘Low budget innovative design work’ international publication.
- 1996 – Winner of the Australian Publishing Associations ‘Best designed children’s book’.
- 1998 – Winner of the Phillips Fox Award for ‘Best new technology in book design’.
- 2011 – Winner of The President’s Award for ‘Excellence in social and community based planning category’.
- 2012 – 2 times finalist at the Printing and Graphic Excellence Awards (PAGE) ‘Excellence in offset publications’.
- 2012 – Winner of the PAGE Awards ‘Excellence in offset publications’.
- 2013 – Finalist in the PAGE Awards ‘Excellence in Annual Reports’.
- 2013 – Winner of the PAGE Awards ‘Excellence in Offset Collateral’.
- 2013 – Winner of the PAGE Awards ‘Excellence in Branding and Corporate Identity’. 2014 – Winner of the PAGE Awards ‘Excellence in Signs and Displays’.